Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thank you Jesus for the reminder!

Last couple nights my boy hasn't been able to sleep. Lastnight I went in his room at 10:30 and I about died when I saw him laying there wide awake(I put him to bed at 8.) I said, "Austin you have to get up at 6:30, your going to be so tired!" And sure enough he was. He woke up(after asking a few times) got dressed(slowly) and off to the start of his day. Tonight I put the kids to bed at 7:30, knowing they were just wore out. 8:00 Austin comes out and says, "mom I can't sleep again." I knew that since he voiced this to me, it's bothering him and I gave him a hug and told him, "I bet if you lay in bed and close your eyes and just relax you will fall asleep." Well, a little bit later he comes shuffling on out. I said, "what are you doing?" He said, "I'm just getting a kleenex." So he got a kleenex and went back to bed. As he walked off God spoke to my heart clear as day and said, "pray over your boy." And you would think I would have thought of that earlier but since we JUST said bedtime prayers it didn't register with me. So I went to Austin and said, "Austin, I know you've been having troubles sleeping last few nights. And I said, "you know what? were going to make that problem go away right now." I grabbed his hand and just as I was about to pray my husband sneezed and it made Austin giggle and he said, "I bet Jesus laughed at that dad." LOL. So I prayed over him with comfort and ease that God would help him fall asleep and that Jesus would just sit by his bedside and watch over him." After it ended I got him all settled back into bed and wouldn't you know it....he was out like a light within 5 minutes.
Jesus reminded me tonight, He loves us!! He loves to be apart of our EVERY need we have. May it be a problem that is huge and out of control where we feel we are spinning out of our minds and don't know what way to turn. Right down to the little things that we as parents think we can fix "on our own." Because tonight when Austin first voiced that he couldn't sleep, I thought of a million things that maybe I could do to help him sleep. Maybe it's too hot in the house, maybe it's too cold. Maybe he's eating something thats effecting him, maybe the house is too noisey with the tv. You name it I thought of it. But thats when God gently whispered to me to, pray for my boy. And just like that after going to Jesus with our problem He answered our need. Remember in those little moments not to forget about our Heavenly Father because He wants to help out anyway He can and if you call on Him, He will be there!


I love this boy with all my heart!! (And for the record no, he's not wearing a flower in his hair LOL.)

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! You're so right Dina...works every time :) Love the picture of A! He's so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post!
    I found your blog when Kelly's Korner had the military family link up! We just left Bragg last summer.... we had a wonderful 3 years there!

    ReplyDelete