Wednesday, May 22, 2013

David and Goliath moment

I am going through some of my stuff and copying and pasting stories I never want to lose that I hold close to my heart or are powerful to me. This story happened in August 2012. I will never forget this day with Austin.  Very moving.  Almost didn't seem real as I watched him on the field that day.

On our way to football practice Austin seemed so down and had been for few days. I asked what was wrong and he just was frustrated with football and he didnt quite understand the tackling and all the moves and motions to go with it, because too many people have given him advice and he was confused. So behind our car I looked at him and his worry was so thick I felt I could have picked it up and carried it. I said your dads not here so I'm gonna try and help ya out. He's like you? I said Yup and were gonna pray, so we did. I said that's the best way I can help you out. Than I sent him on the field and watched that boy take boys down twice his size!! After practice coach had everyone get together and called Austin up front and said, everyone needs to start playing like this boy right here. "He's one of the smallest boys on the team and he could take you all down. This boy worked hard, be like him." I told him it was a David and Goliath moment!! Nobody can take you down when Gods on your side:)

Phillipians 4:13 "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."





No comments:

Post a Comment