Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Finding strength in tragedy

When I take the kids to school we make it a point to pray for our day. And everyday our last sentence is "be with our world today and everyone in it." And as we speak it I always think what will our world be like by night time? And sad thing is there is always something new and tragic on a daily basis. Our world is no longer "quiet" I guess you could say. Seems there is no peace and obviously not safe. Storm after storm and tragedy after tragedy its all taking our country apart. We are losing lives young and old. My heart aches and its filled with sadness as I see pictures upon pictures and new reports as the toll rises in Oklahoma. And I know, I know people get sick of me and my preaching but tonight I can't help KNOW how it talked about all this (storms and tragedy) in the end times. His return is soon and so close. I pray our hearts are ready. I have been told there's no such thing as His return. I smiled and said I totally TOTALLY respect that. But I said, "what IF it is true? What if there is a chance it will happen......" Tonight my prayers are all over the place I feel like a mess. My heart doesn't hurt anymore but it aches. "Lord, hold us extra tight tonight.

"Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

2 comments:

  1. I never get sick of you! I love, love, LOVE your heart for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete